||Last Updated: May 14th, 2012 - 22:24:01
You Let's talk about the different types of real estate investments. You can
claim to be a real estate investor whether you buy an acre of swampland in
Florida or the Taj Mahal. But which is the best investment for you and why?
There are these types of real estate:
- Raw land: undeveloped real estate, Examples would be rangeland or, in a
city, empty fields that don't have improvements such as utilities hookups or
curb and gutter.
- Developed land: Land that has been improved and is either already built
own or ready to be built on.
- Apartments: A building with rooms or individual dwelling units that people
live in but do not own. The tenants make payment to the landlord (the owner or
his representative), usually on a monthly basis.
- Mobile Home: A person residence, considered to be private property, which
is not permanently attached to the land and may be moved to another location
or mobile site.
- Condominium: Typically, condominiums are multi-unit housing complexes
where individual apartment-like units are purchased instead of rented. Each
condominium owner has his or her own deed or mortgage. Typically, owners of
these housing units are required to pay a monthly common fee, which pays for
all outside maintenance, lawn care, and common utilities fess.
- co-ops: similar to a condominium, but ownership exists in share of the total
building, not in one specific unit. As a member of a co-op, you are assigned
to one specific living unit within a complex.
- Residential property: Property or land that is zoned by the local
government agencies to be used for single-family homes or other living
- Hotel or motel: A property where individual sleeping rooms or suites are
rented by the night.
- Commercial property: Property that is specifically zoned by the local
government authorities for commercial users such as shopping centers, stores,
- Industrial property: Property that is specifically zoned by the local
government authorities for industrial uses such as manufacturing and
Of these many types of investments, only two are really ideal for the
beginning investor: single family homes and apartments. Mobile homes and raw
land rarely if ever return even the original investment, and commercial and
industrial properties are expensive and very complicated investments.
Do you own real estate articles or stories and want to share with other investors?
You have chance to win
$100 Amazon Gift Certificates. We will give
away 3 prizes for top authors each month!
Email your articles or stories to:
© Copyright 2001 - 2010 by
Real Estate Forums
for every real estate investing topics!
Top of Page