ARTICLE OF AGREEMENT this _____ day of __________ 2005, by and between _______________________ of____________________________________, hereinafter referred to as the "LANDLORD",
_________________________ of__________________________, and ______________________of _____________________________, hereinafter referred to as the "TENANTS".
WHEREAS, the Landlord is the owner of certain premises situated at________________________, Borough/Township of _____________, County of __________________ and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, hereinafter referred to as the "Leasehold Premises"; and
WHEREAS, the Tenants desire to rent and lease the Leasehold Premises from the Landlord and the Landlord has agreed to lease the same to the Tenants upon the following terms and conditions.
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties hereto, intending to be legally bound hereby, do covenant and agree as follows:
1. In consideration of the rents and covenants of the Tenants to be paid and kept as herein contained, the Landlord has agreed to lease unto the Tenants, and by these presents does hereby lease the Leasehold Premises unto the Tenants and the Tenants hereby lease the Leasehold Premises from the Landlord.
2. The term of this lease shall extend from _______________, 200__ to and through _______________, 200__, during which time, the Tenants occupying the Leasehold Premises under lease from the Landlord, shall be entitled to the use and occupancy of the Leasehold Premises.
3. The rent reserved by the Landlord for the Leasehold Premises for the term herein provided shall be ____________________________ ($______.00) Dollars, which the Tenants hereby covenant and agree to pay to the Landlord, for the use and occupancy of the Leasehold Premises, payable in installments of _________________ and No/100 ($_____.00) Dollars each month during the term of this lease, payable in advance on or before the first day of each month, with a credit to the tenants of ______________________ ($______.00) Dollars against the final monthís rent (the month of ______ 200__) as a result of the tenantsí prior deposit with the Landlord of the final monthís rent for the preceding lease year which the tenants elect to pay directly to the Landlord on or before __________, 200__.
4. The Tenants shall further pay to the Landlord, prior to occupancy of the Leasehold Premises, a security deposit in the sum of _____________________________ ($_____.00) Dollars, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged as having been heretofore deposited with the Landlord in conjunction with the Lease of _____________, 200__, to be held as security for any damages to the Leasehold Premises, or as payment, in whole or in part, for any costs or expenses incurred by the Landlord resulting from the failure of Tenants to surrender the premises in the condition described in Paragraph 9 herein. Unless withheld by the Landlord, in whole or in part, by reason of any damage to the Leasehold Premises, the security deposit shall be returned to the Tenants within thirty (30) days after the termination of this lease, provided that the Tenants have delivered to the Landlord a forwarding address, in writing, at or prior to the date the Tenants shall surrender the Leasehold Premises to the Landlord.
5. During the term of this lease the Landlord will assume payment for the water bill and garbage collection. The Tenants shall be responsible for all other utilities, including gas, electric, telephone, cable and any service fees required for the installation of these utilities.
6. The Landlord will provide garbage containers. A recycling container is also provided the Tenants for glass and aluminum cans. It will be the Tenants' responsibility to place garbage containers and recycling container at the curb for pick up on Monday evenings and to return the recycling container to its appropriate place no later than Tuesday evening. The Tenants agree to keep and maintain the Leasehold Premises, parking lot and surrounding area in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, free of all garbage and debris. All garbage and similar debris shall be deposited by the Tenants in facilities provided by the Landlord for garbage collection. The Tenants shall comply with all municipal regulations imposed by the Borough/Township of _____________ relating to the collection of garbage and similar debris.
7. During the term of this lease, the Landlord shall provide for the necessary repairs and maintenance of the Leasehold Premises. The Tenants shall not provide, nor arrange for any repair or maintenance of the Leasehold Premises, and the Landlord shall not be responsible or liable to the Tenants, or to any other person, for the costs of any repair or maintenance provided or arranged by the Tenants. The Tenants shall promptly notify the Landlord of the need for any repair or maintenance to the Leasehold Premises.
8. The Tenants hereby covenant and agree to use and occupy the Leasehold Premises for residential purposes only and for no other purpose. There will be no pets allowed on the premises, except as allowed by Landlord.
9. The Tenants hereby agree to keep and maintain the Leasehold Premises in as good repair and condition as that now existing and at the expiration of this lease to surrender the Leasehold Premises in like repair and condition, natural wear and tear excepted.
10. No loud music may be played at any time, and the Tenants shall conduct themselves in a quiet manner at all times.
11. The Tenants hereby agree to observe all reasonable rules and regulations imposed by the Landlord for the use and occupancy of the Leasehold Premises, and parking on facilities to be provided by the Landlord, and such rules and regulations shall be deemed to be conditions and covenants of this lease. The Landlord shall provide parking space for one (1) motor vehicle in the parking lot at a space to be designated by the Landlord. Any rules or regulations established by the Landlord relating to parking shall be strictly observed by the Tenants and may be subject to change at the Landlordís discretion.
12. This lease, and the use and occupancy of the Leasehold Premises, may not be assigned, transferred or sublet, without the express written consent of the Landlord which will not be unreasonably withheld.
13. The Landlord, and/or the agents of the Landlord, may at any and all times during the term of this lease, enter into the Leasehold Premises for the purpose of inspection and/or repair, and for purposes of exhibiting the Leasehold Premises to prospective tenants, upon prior notice to the Tenants, except in the case of an emergency.
14. The Tenants hereby waive the usual notice to quit, and agree to surrender the Leasehold Premises at the expiration of the foregoing term, or the termination of this lease, without any notice whatsoever.
15. This agreement contains the entire agreement and understanding of the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements. This agreement may not be modified, cancelled or otherwise amended unless in writing, duly executed by the parties hereto.
16. This agreement shall be binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, their respective heirs, successors, personal representatives and assigns.
17. This Lease may be signed in one or more counterparts, and all such counterparts shall form but one integrated agreement. This Lease may be executed by facsimile signatures.
18. The obligations of the Tenants herein shall be joint and several.