(Addendum to Rental Agreement)
THIS AGREEMENT is hereby attached to and made a part of the Rental Agreement dated ___________________________, 20___ by and between
________________________________________________________________________, the Owner/Agent, and
________________________________________________________________________, the Resident, for the premises located at
WHEREAS, the Resident desires to keep a certain pet described below on the said premises and the Rental Agreement specifically prohibits allowing pets on the premises; the Rental Agreement is hereby amended to grant such permission to the Resident. In exchange for this permission, the Resident agrees as follows:
- To pay additional rent in the amount of $______________ (________________________ Dollars) per month.
- To deposit with the Owner/Agent a "Non-refundable Pet Deposit" in the amount of $___________________ (__________________ Dollars) which shall be held as security for the faithful performance of this pet Agreement.
- To keep the pet from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and to immediately remedy any complaints concerning the pet.
- To keep the pet from damaging any property belonging to the Owner/Agent or others.
- To immediately pay for any injury, damage, loss, or expense caused by the pet (In this regard, it is expressly understood that at no time shall the Resident apply any part of the Pet Deposit towards such amounts due, but rather, the Resident shall make restitution immediately and separately from the Pet Deposit. It is further understood that such restitution shall be made over and above any rent paid in accordance with Item #1 of this Pet Agreement.)
- To keep the pet under control at all times.
- To keep the pet restrained, but not tethered, when it is outside of the dwelling.
- Not to leave the pet unattended for any unreasonable periods.
- To hold the Owner/Agent harmless from all liability arising from the Resident's ownership or keeping of the pet, including but not limited to any liability resulting from the Owner/Agent turning said pet over to local pet policing authorities should the pet be found unsupervised.
- To dispose of the pet's droppings properly and quickly.
- To provide to the Owner/Agent a picture of the above named pet.
- To insure that pet will wear the appropriate Local Animal License, a valid Rabies Tag and tag bearing the owners name and phone number. All licenses and tags must be kept current.
- To provide the Owner/Agent with evidence from the Veterinarian that all necessary shots are current and that the pet does not display a tendency to be aggressive or harmful.
- Tenant agrees to control flea infestation and will exterminate if necessary, and upon demand, in any and all areas affected with full cost to be paid by tenant.
- Tenant agrees that Owner/Agent will not be responsible for the injury, harm, or death of the animal, and agrees to hold Owner/Agent harmless for any damages suffered as a result of any harm caused on the animal or by the animal upon another person, guest or employee. Tenant shall be responsible for the entire amount of all damages caused by the pet as well as the entire amount of any injury to individuals or property. Tenant is encouraged to obtain a Pet Liability Policy that can be added as a rider to most renter insurance policies.
- Pet must be spayed/neutered/declawed.
- Pet shall not create any conflict or disturbance with others and will not threaten any physical harm to anyone.
The permission granted herein shall be limited to a certain pet named __________________________and described as follows:
Type of Pet: _______________________ Breed: _______________________ Color: _______________________
Full-grown Weight: _______________________ Full-grown Height: _______________________
Age:__________________ Sex: __________________ Neutered: Yes No Declawed: Yes No
Should the Resident fail to comply with any part of this Pet Agreement, the Owner/Agent reserves the right to revoke permission to keep the pet- In such event, the Resident agrees to permanently remove the pet from the premises within 48 hours c;>f receiving written notice thereof from the Owner/Agent; failure to comply with same shall be grounds for immediate termination of the Rental Agreement.
I ACCEPT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OF ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY THAT MAY OCCUR BECAUSE OF MY PET. I UNDERSTAND THAT VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THESE RULES MAY BE GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL OF MY PET AND/OR TERMINATION OF MY TENANCY;
THIS AGREEMENT is made in duplicate on this ____day of, ____________ 20____