THIS LEASE AGREEMENT is made and entered into this _________ day of , 19 , by and between
, hereinafter referred to as "Landlord" and ,
hereinafter referred to as "Tenant".
l. Landlord leases to Tenant and Tenant leases from Landlord,
upon the terms and conditions contained herein, the
dwelling located at
for the period commencing on the __________ day of ____________________, 19 ________, and thereafter until the ______ day of ______________, 19 _____, at which time this Lease Agreement shall terminate.
2. Tenant shall pay as rent the sum of $ ____________________
per month, due and payable monthly, in advance, no later than 5:00 p.m. on the fifth day of every month. Tenant further agrees to pay a late charge of $3.00 for each day rent is not received by the Landlord regardless of the cause, including dishonored checks, time being of the essence. An additional Service Charge of $20.00 will be
paid to Landlord for all dishonored checks. Notwithstanding the above, if the rent has not been paid by the tenth (10th) day of the month, along with all late charges and, if applicable, charges for dishonored checks, Tenant shall receive an eviction notice and eviction shall proceed forthwith.
3. As an incentive to Tenant to make rent payments on time, and
for being responsible for all minor maintenance of the premises, a discount in the amount of $ _____________ may
be deducted from the above rental amount each month. Said
discount will be forfeited if Tenant fails to perform as stated above.
4. Tenant agrees to accept the property in its current
condition and to return it in "moving-in clean" condition, or to pay a special cleaning charge of $75.00 upon vacating the premises.
5. Tenant agrees to pay a Security Deposit of $ _________ to
secure Tenant's pledge of full compliance with the terms of this agreement. NOTE: SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY NOT BE USED TO PAY RENT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Any damage not previously reported will be repaired at Tenant's expense with funds other than Security Deposit.
6. Tenant warrants that any work or repairs performed by
resident will be undertaken only if he is competent and qualified to perform it. Tenant will be totally responsible for all activities to assure that work is done in a safe manner which will meet all the applicable codes and statutes. Tenant further warrants that he will be accountable for any mishaps and/or accidents resulting from such work, and will hold the Landlord free from harm, litigation, or claims of any other person.
7. Tenant is responsible for all plumbing repairs, including
faucets, leaks, stopped up pipes, frozen pipes, water damage, and bathroom caulking. Appliances or furniture in the unit at date of lease per the attached Exhibit "A" are loaned, not leased, to Tenant. Maintenance of appliances or
furniture is the responsibility of Tenant who will keep
them in good repair.
8. Tenants will be responsible for maintaining the premises and
grounds in a satisfactory manner. This includes lawn care, trimming shrubbery and watering lawn as necessary. If Tenants are authorized to keep pets on the premises, $40.00 shall be deducted from the security deposit for spraying
for fleas when tenant vacates the property.
9. All problems shall be reported to the Property Manager,
whose name and address are
. "Services", if they
are required, will be ordered from the Property Manager's office. DO NOT ORDER ANY SERVICES ON YOUR OWN, as you will be responsible for payment of those services, and such payment may not be deducted from rental payments due and owing. No painting or redecorating is to be done by Tenant without the express consent of the Property Manager.
10. (a) All matters pertaining to this Lease Agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of _________. The parties herein waive trial by jury a the personal jurisdiction and venue of a court of subject matter jurisdiction located in _________ County, State of _________. In the event that litigation results from or arises out of this Agreement or the performance thereof, the parties agree to reimburse the prevailing party's reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, and all other expenses, whether or not taxable by the court as costs, in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled. In such event, no action shall be entertained by said court or any court of
competent jurisdiction if filed more than one year
subsequent to the date the cause(s) of action actually accrued regardless of whether damages were otherwise as of said time calculable.
(b) Tenant hereby waives any and all right to assert affirmative defenses or counterclaims in any eviction action instituted by Landlord with the exception of an affirmative defense based upon payment of all amounts claimed by Landlord not to have been paid by Tenant. Any other matters may only be advanced by a separate suit instituted by Tenant.
11. If Tenant has a pet on the property at any time, Tenant shall be required to execute the Pet Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit "B" and incorporated herein by reference.
12. In the event that Tenant is responsible to perform certain functions herein or by operation of law and fails to do so, LANDLORD may so provide and charge Tenant's account therefor, which shall be due and payable with the next monthly rental payment.
13. Unless specifically disallowed by law, should litigation arise hereunder, service of process therefor may be obtained through certified mail, return receipt requested; the parties hereto waiving any and all rights they may have to object to the method by which service was perfected.
______________________________ ______________________________ Resident 1 Resident 3 ______________________________ ______________________________
Resident 2 Landlord or Agent
The following appliances and/or furniture are on loan to Tenant for the period of Tenant's rental agreement or lease on the following basis: Tenant agrees, by the signing of this agreement, that all appliances and/or furniture herein listed are accepted by Tenant, individually, as being in good working order or condition. Tenant agrees to maintain said appliances and/or furniture in good working order at his expense.
APPLIANCES AND/OR FURNITURE
Item Appliance # or Condition Location
Dated: _____________________ ( Addendum to Lease Agreement )
This agreement is attached to and forms a part of the Lease Agreement dated _________________________________________________ between _______________________________________________________, Landlord, and _________________________________________________, Tenant(s). Tenants desire to keep a pet named
and described as in the dwelling they
occupy under the rental agreement or lease referred to above,
and because this agreement specifically prohibits keeping pets without the Landlord's permission, Tenants agree to the following terms and conditions in exchange for this permission:
1. Tenants agree to keep their pet under control at all times.
2. Tenants agree to keep their pet restrained, but not
tethered, when it is outside their dwelling.
3. Tenants agree not to leave their pet unattended for any
4. Tenants agree to dispose of their pet's droppings properly
5. Tenants agree not to leave food or water for their pet or
any other animal outside their dwelling.
6. Tenants agree to keep pet from causing any annoyance or
discomfort to others and will remedy immediately any complaints made through the Landlord or his agent.
7. Tenants agree to get rid of their pet's offspring within
eight weeks of birth.
8. Tenants agree to pay immediately for any damage, loss, or
expense caused by their pet, and in addition, they will add $ ______________ to their security/cleaning deposit, any of which may be used for cleaning, repairs, delinquent rent when Tenants vacate.
9. Tenants agree that Landlord reserves the right to revoke
permission to keep the pet should Tenants break this agreement.
10. Tenant agrees to pay an additional $ ____________ in rent per month per pet.