Assignment and acceptance.
FORM OF ASSIGNMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
Dated as of _________[Insert date]
Reference is made to the Second Amended and Restated Revolving Credit and Term Loan Agreement, [omitted] dated as of August 24, [year] (as from time to time amended and in effect, the "Agreement"), among SOFTWARE, INC., a Delaware corporation (the "Company"), the banking institutions referred to therein as Banks (collectively, the "Banks"), and THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF _________, a national banking association, as agent (in such capacity, the "Agent") for the Banks. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings assigned to such terms in the Agreement.
[Insert name of Bank] (the "Assignor") and [Insert name of Assignee] (the "Assignee") hereby agree as follows:
1. Assignment. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Assignment and Acceptance, the Assignor hereby sells and assigns to the Assignee, and the Assignee hereby purchases and assumes without recourse to the Assignor, a $_____[Insert amount purchased] interest in and to the rights, benefits, indemnities and obligations of the Assignor under the Agreement equal to [Insert percentage of Total Commitment] _____% in respect of the Total Commitment immediately prior to the Effective Date (as hereinafter defined).
2. Assignor's Representations. The Assignor (i) represents and warrants that (A) it is legally authorized to enter into this Assignment and Acceptance, (B) as of the date hereof, its Commitment is $_____[Insert amount of Assignor's Commitment Percentage], its Commitment Percentage is _________[Insert Assignor's Commitment Percentage] _____%, the aggregate outstanding principal balance of its Loans equals $_____[Insert outstanding principal balance of Loans payable to Assignor], the aggregate amount of its Letter of Credit Participations equals $_____[Insert aggregate amount of Letter of Credit Participations] (in each case after giving effect to the assignment contemplated hereby but without giving effect to any contemplated assignments which have not yet become effective), and (C) immediately after giving effect to all assignments which have not yet become effective, the Assignor's Commitment Percentage will be sufficient to give effect to this Assignment and Acceptance; (ii) makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, and assumes no responsibility with respect to any statements, warranties or representations made in or in connection with the Agreement or any of the other Loan Documents or the execution, legality, validity, enforceability, genuineness, sufficiency or value of the Agreement, the other Loan Documents or any other instrument or document furnished pursuant thereto or the attachment, perfection or priority of any security interest or mortgage, other than that it is the legal and beneficial owner of the interest being assigned by it hereunder free and clear of any claim or encumbrance; (iii) makes no representation or warranty and assumes no responsibility with respect to the financial condition of the Company or any of its Subsidiaries or any other Person primarily or secondarily liable in respect of any of the Obligations, or the performance or observance by the Company or any of its Subsidiaries or any other Person primarily or secondarily liable in respect of any of the Obligations of any of its obligations under the Agreement or any of the other Loan Documents or any other instrument or document delivered or executed pursuant thereto; and (iv) attaches hereto the Note delivered to it under the Agreement.
The Assignor requests that the Company exchange the Assignor's Note for new Notes payable to the Assignor and the Assignee as follows:
3. Assignee's Representations. The Assignee (i) represents and warrants that (A) it is duly and legally authorized to enter into this Assignment and Acceptance, (B) the execution, delivery and performance of this Assignment and Acceptance do not conflict with any provision of law or of the charter or bylaws of the Assignee, or of any agreement binding on the Assignee, and (C) all acts, conditions and things required to be done and performed and to have occurred prior to the execution, delivery and performance of this Assignment and Acceptance, and to render the same the legal, valid and binding obligation of the Assignee, enforceable against it in accordance with its terms, have been done and performed and have occurred in due and strict compliance with all applicable laws; (ii) confirms that it has received a copy of the Agreement, together with copies of the most recent financial statements delivered pursuant to (S)8.4 thereof and such other documents and information as it has deemed appropriate to make its own credit analysis and decision to enter into this Assignment and Acceptance; (iii) agrees that it will, independently and without reliance upon the Assignor, the Agent or any other Bank and based on such documents and information as it shall deem appropriate at the time, continue to make its own credit decisions in taking or not taking action under the Agreement; (iv) represents and warrants that it is an Eligible Assignee; (v) appoints and authorizes the Agent to take such action as agent on its behalf and to exercise such powers under the Agreement and the other Loan Documents as are delegated to the Agent by the terms thereof, together with such powers as are reasonably incidental thereto; (vi) agrees that it will perform in accordance with their terms all the obligations which by the terms of the Agreement are required to be performed by it as a Bank; and (vii) acknowledges that it has made arrangements with the Assignor satisfactory to the Assignee with respect to its pro rata share of Letter of Credit Fees in respect of outstanding Letters of Credit.
4. Effective Date. The effective date for this Assignment and Acceptance shall be [Insert Effective Date] (the "Effective Date"). Following the execution of this Assignment and Acceptance and the consent of the Company hereto having been obtained, each party hereto shall deliver its duly executed counterpart hereof to the Agent for acceptance by the Agent and recording in the Record by the Agent. Schedule 1.1 to the Agreement shall thereupon be replaced as of the Effective Date by the Schedule 1.1 annexed hereto [omitted].
5. Rights Under Agreement. Upon such acceptance and recording, from and after the Effective Date, (i) the Assignee shall be a party to the Agreement and, to the extent provided in this Assignment and Acceptance, have the rights and obligations of a Bank thereunder, and (ii) the Assignor shall, with respect to that portion of its interest under the Agreement assigned hereunder, relinquish its rights and be released from its obligations under the Agreement; provided, however, that the Assignor shall retain its rights to be indemnified pursuant to (S)15 of the Agreement with respect to any claims or actions arising prior to the Effective Date.
6. Payments. Upon such acceptance of this Assignment and Acceptance by the Agent and such recording, from and after the Effective Date, the Agent shall make all payments in respect of the rights and interests assigned hereby (including payments of principal, interest, fees and other amounts) to the Assignee. The Assignor and the Assignee shall make any appropriate adjustments in payments for periods prior to the Effective Date by the Agent or with respect to the making of this assignment directly between themselves.
7. Governing Law. THIS ASSIGNMENT AND ACCEPTANCE IS INTENDED TO TAKE EFFECT AS A SEALED INSTRUMENT TO BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS (WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CONFLICT OF LAWS).
8. Counterparts. This Assignment and Acceptance may be executed in any number of counterparts which shall together constitute but one and the same agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, intending to be legally bound, each of the undersigned has caused this Assignment and Acceptance to be executed on its behalf by its officer thereunto duly authorized, as of the date first above written.
Browse Real Estate Forms & Mortgage Forms Alphabetically